Bundt Cake Pan
The Classic Bundt Cake Pan
Introduced by Nordic Ware in the 1950’s, the Bundt cake pan has since become a very famous bake ware. The Bundt cake pan is very versatile and is available in different shapes and sizes. It can be used for muffins, cupcakes, cakes, muffins, gelled desserts and even meatloaf.
One of the most popular Bundt cake pan is a Classic Bundt Pan 12 cup from Nordic Ware. It is really a wonderful piece of bake ware and it has a Teflon non-stick coating. Never used a Bundt cake pan before? Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Before using the Bundt cake pan, it should be sprayed with baking oil to ensure that it is well greased. Remember that even cake pans with non-stick coating should be greased too.
2. Before removing the cake from the Bundt cake pan, make sure that it is already cool.
3. Never used any metal objects like a metal cake cutter, fork or knife. They will scratch and damage the Bundt cake pan. Use a silicone or rubber spatula instead. Slide it down the large fluted edges and move it a bit to release the cake.
4. Once you are sure that the cake can be removed, place a plate, one that’s large enough to hold the cake, and invert the pan. Make sure to hold the plate in place and the cake should easily drop unto it.
5. If you want your cake to be frosted, wait a few minutes if your cake still feels a little warm.
6. Once you are done, fill the Bundt cake pan with soapy water and let it soak. Handwash and then thoroughly dry. Though most Bundt cake pans are dishwasher safe, handwashing is recommended to prolong the life of your pan’s non-stick coating.
7. When using the Bundt cake pan for meatloaves, it is encouraged that you use lean meat. Make sure to drain all the grease prior to inverting the pan unto a serving plate.
Since Bundt cake pans make an inverted cake, make sure you place the toppings that you would want baked on top of the cake first before putting in the batter. Cake toppings can be anything you like. You can use cherries, pecans, brown sugar, or pineapple. For cake with fillings or tunnels, our in half of the batter, then the filling and pour the remaining batter into the Bundt cake pan.
Always out your Bundt cake pan in the center of the oven while baking. Follow normal recipe guidelines as you always do. There are no temperature adjustments when using a Bundt cake pan. Frosting a Bundt cake is so easy. You can drizzle a thin layer of icing or dust confectioner’s sugar on top and it’s done. With cakes molded from a Bundt cake pan, thin slices can be easily done.
A Bundt cake pan is as useful and easy to use as other regular cake pans, if not more convenient. Most bakers find that the cakes they produce are easily and quickly garnished.